Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 1 of the Morgan County Fair

Do you see the time recorded on my phone?
Yes it was 6:00 AM and we were up and getting ready 
for the 5K Walk/Run for the Morgan County Fair.  I had signed up the family
back in March I think and thought this would be a great way for us to get
a little exercise routine going.  My intention was to go and walk this route at least
once a week.  Well today was our first time walking the route and Mackenzie had to fill
in for Jim.  Jim is working shift work now and did not get home from work in time
to participate.  (does something smell fishy about that?..., just saying)


 Anyway,  Mackenzie is a pro at this and got her feet and legs all taped up the way they need to be.

 Kenzie and Rylee at the starting line.
 This our Before Picture.  See we look all refreshed and glowing and ready to go.....
 This is our finish picture and I am not sure if my camera is right this time.  That means that I would have
done the walk in 24 minutes.....Nah that can't be right....I did do the walk in 52:39 minutes....That is way better than I did last year...  Kenzie said that this was a 15:39 min/mile (whatever that means)
I was just excited to know that I had started and completed the walk.....She even made me jog a little bit and I do apologize to those along the way that might have had to witness that.....
 Zac ran the 1/2 marathon and came in first in his age bracket.  I believe that he finished 10th overall. 
Way to go Zac.  I think that he is preparing for he big race in October in St George.  That will be
a Full Marathon.....
 I also ran into an old high school friend, DeAnn Wallwork.  I had a great time catching up with her.
It was good to see her and she might have even inspired me a little bit.....
 Then we got ready and packed the Blazer to go to the Fair Parade.  It was a great parade!!
Love to see the Anderson Nova.  Thanks for entering Jim and Gloria and Colton and Bryson.....

No comments: